Jim Melamed founded The Oregon Mediation Center in Eugene in 1983 and has been mediating ever since.
Jim is currently CEO of Mediate.com (1996-present) and teaches mediation and online dispute resolution at Pepperdine School of Law and at the University of Oregon.
Mediate.com recently received the American Bar Association (ABA) Institutional Problem Solver of the Year Award for 2010.
Jim is also former Executive Director of the Academy of Family Mediators and former Chair of the Oregon Dispute Resolution Commission. Jim was also the founding President and Executive Director of the Oregon Mediation Association.
Jim is recipient of:
- The Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM) 2018 (initial) "Outstanding Mediator" Award;
- The APFM 2012 (initial) "Getting to Yes" Award;
- The Association for Conflict Resolution's (ACR) 2007 John Haynes Distinguished Mediator Award;
- The Oregon State Bar DR Section's 2006 Sid Lezak Award of Excellence; and
- The Oregon Mediation Association's 2003 Award of Excellence
This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology
Products and Services