Jim Melamed founded The Oregon Mediation Center in Eugene in 1983 and has been mediating ever since.
Jim is currently CEO of Mediate.com (1996-present). Mediate.com received the 2010 American Bar Association (ABA) Institutional Problem Solver of the Year Award.
Jim is former Executive Director of the Academy of Family Mediators and former Chair of the Oregon Dispute Resolution Commission. Jim was also the founding President and Executive Director of the Oregon Mediation Association.
Jim is recipient of:
- The Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM) 2018 (initial) "Outstanding Mediator" Award;
- The APFM 2012 (initial) "Getting to Yes" Award;
- The Association for Conflict Resolution's (ACR) 2007 John Haynes Distinguished Mediator Award;
- The Oregon State Bar DR Section's 2006 Sid Lezak Award of Excellence; and
- The Oregon Mediation Association's 2003 Award of Excellence.
Jim's undergraduate degree is in in psychology, with honors, from Stanford University and his law degree is from the University of Oregon.
This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology
Products and Services